- We provide a unique 1yr-2+ year old program that helps prepare the youngest children for preschool
- Our staff is also qualified to help potty train
- We offer preschool for children 3-6 years old with full time care available
- Each classroom is led by a highly trained Montessori Head Teacher along with highly qualified assistants
- All of our employees have annual background checks & hold current CPR/First Aid cards
- We have a great summer program, which incorporates learning along with lots of fun
activities and flexible schedules. Sign up for 1 week or more!
A Montessori school has a special environment set up with a child's unique developmental needs in mind. The classroom is presented in an orderly attractive manner where the work available to the children is easily accessible. All the materials are used to help absorb and order knowledge through the child working with his hands. Der Kinderhuis will provide a comprehensive Montessori environment for the enrichment of your child's life. We believe that the children will learn naturally and happily as part of their normal growth.
While the curriculum of Der Kinderhuis Montessori School is vast, it is always developmentally appropriate to the young child. Along with the necessary skills for independence the child is introduced - in a sequential and concrete way - to mathematics, language, phonetics, social studies, science, music, and art. Children are allowed to freely choose their activities and work at their own pace.
Dr. Maria Montessori observed through her work that children have a remarkable, although effortless, ability to absorb knowledge from their surroundings. Acquiring information in this way is a natural and delightful activity for the young child who employs all his or her senses to investigate their interesting surroundings.
Hands on Learning
“… education is a natural process carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment.” – Maria Montessori